On Hill and Off Hill Conduct Policies
On-Hill Guest Standards
The list of standards below is not exhaustive, but they are the most prevalent behaviors that generate guest complaints, dissatisfaction, and injury. These behaviors may result in the loss of ticket or pass from Berkshire East.
- Ducking a roped closure.
- Out of control skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, or the inability to stop or avoid other people or objects. This constitutes a violation of the Responsibility Code.
- Reckless and irresponsible skiing, snowboarding, or mountain biking including knowing or blatant disregard for the safety of others, and/or showing a lack of concern for the consequences of one’s own actions.
- Malicious, intentional sudden stops.
- Excessive speed in slow zones, congested areas, and at the base of all lifts. The speed expected is relevant to how many people are in the area, weather conditions such as visibility, and/or ground surface quality. As a general rule, speed should match that of the flow of traffic; always brake speed when entering a slow zone, congested area, or at base areas.
- Jumping terrain barriers, slow fences and/or ducking of intersection flagging.
- Improper or unsafe trail merging.
- Failure to use a retention device on skis and snowboards. Although we don’t require or check to ensure that each skier/snowboarder has a retention device, skiers and riders are responsible for a runaway ski or snowboard.
- Leaving an accident scene if involved in a collision, except to notify authorities or obtain assistance.
Know how to load, ride, and unload lifts. Secure any and all loose clothing. Wearing backpacks is not recommended.
The list of personal conduct standards below is not exhaustive, but they are the most prevalent behaviors that generate guest complaints and dissatisfaction.
- Please avoid using profanity around others, in particular around families.
- Do not smoke in crowded public spaces such as lift lines or anywhere within 50-feet from buildings or fueling operations. While smoking on chairlifts is not prohibited, we ask for respect towards other guests' requests concerning smoking.
- Focus on loading procedures when getting on and off lifts.
- Alcohol consumption is not permitted in lift lines ; containers must be disposed of before entering lift lines. Any guests who exhibit impairment from alcohol or other substances will not be allowed to board lifts.
- Do not cut or duck into full lift lines, crowded mazes, or in front of others.
- Do not throw snowballs or other items at individuals or property. In instances where bodily harm or property damage occurs from malicious throwing of snowballs or other objects, the guest may also be referred to law enforcement.
- Do not litter on MMSA property or Forest Service land.
Berkshire East Mountain Resort prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems, or aerial drones, by the general public including recreational users and hobbyists.
This prohibition on drone use extends to any drones launched or operated from Resort property, as well as drones launched from private property outside of the Resort boundaries.
Any violation of this policy may involve suspension of the users skiing, snowboarding, or mountain biking privileges, revocation of the user's season pass, as well as confiscation of any equipment. Violators will be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, physical or personal injuries, property damage, damages for violations of privacy, regulatory fines, and legal fees.
In rare cases, drones may be used with written permission from management for special events and promotions.
Pets are permitted if kept on a leash, no longer than 10-feet, at all times. Do not leave pets unattended. Do not leave pets in vehicles. Pets are not allowed in any buildings. We understand that your pet is part of the family, but please be courteous to other visitors. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. If your pet is a disturbance, threat, or nuisance to others, we reserve the right to ask you leave without a refund.
BERKSHIRE EAST COVID-19 POLICIES