BERKSHIRE EAST SET TO OPEN DECEMBER 17TH!!!
BERKSHIRE EAST OPENING DAY 2020
Berkshire East will open for the season on Thursday, December 17, 2020.
Our snowmakers have been busy getting the hill ready for a great season ahead. But, with the warm temps and rain forecasted this weekend, we are going to keep the snow piled and protected so we can properly take advantage of next week's snowmaking window and hopefully a boost from Mother Nature. We are also working to further set-up outdoor seating and other Covid-19 based operational changes to make your experience as safe and enjoyable as possible.
We have been making snow and have 6 trails (20 acres) just about ready and are hoping the weather will allow us another 3-4 trails next week. In the meantime, we wanted to provide you some information about what to expect this winter.
So much of what makes skiing and riding special will remain the same, such as being outside in the fresh air, the feel of sliding down the hill, and the opportunity to see old friends, even if it is socially distanced. Due to Covid-19, the logistics of your experience will be different, and we are asking everyone to work with us to make this year a success. Please do your part to help make sure we are not the "reason we lose our season".
The overarching name of the game this season is to do what we can to limit in-person interactions and the amount of people within closed spaces. Below are some of the ways we have changed our operations to achieve these goals. To learn more our operations this winter, please read our full FAQs.
- Plan ahead and reserve
- Daily Tickets, Rentals, & Snowsports Lessons all need to be reserved in advance.
- Season Pass Holders: We believe that passholders are the fabric of our community and our goal is to make sure their time at the mountain isn't limited. Please know that we very well may need to limit our daily capacity and require a reservation for season pass holders per day. We will announce more information regarding this should it become necessary.
- "Your Car is your Lodge"
- Lodge space is very limited, and all skiers and riders should plan on gearing up in their vehicles this year. Limited tables will be available to reserve for free for 30 minute blocks to warm up and eat. Reservations can be made day-of in the lodge by visiting our host to reserve a space. We would ask you to respect others by not reserving and no showing, as well as allowing priority for those that need it most, such as families with young children, older skiers and riders and ex-coaches with pristine 1983 orange Lange's that need a one hour warming period to achieve a 140 flex.
- One very difficult change for many will be not being able to change, leave bags or bring your own food into the lodge. We have set up chairs, heater and created a patio outside to help off-set this.
- Food Service:
- Food will be available out our new outdoor food service below the deck of the Crazy Horse along with outdoor seating in our new patio area.
- Mask wearing:
- Please know that due to Massachusetts regulations, masks will be required at all times while at the mountain except while actively eating or drinking or when skiing and riding as long as you are 14 ft apart from others.
We all look forward to seeing you soon! We hope that getting out on the slopes can be a positive respite for what undoubtedly will be a challenging winter ahead. It will take all of us working together to make it a success. Please remember to plan ahead, be patient, be kind and we expect plenty of smiles are ahead of us this winter, even if they are hidden behind a mask.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.